Kittiwake Dance Theatre holds auditions in advance of upcoming productions in order to cast roles. An audition is an exciting time for a performer – it can also be nerve-wracking! In order to help all dancers feel comfortable during our auditions we offer an overview of the process, and some tips for success!
Remember – the most successful auditions are the ones you enjoy!
What to Expect at Your Kittiwake Audition:
- First you will check-in at the registration desk and submit any forms and fees
- You will be assigned an audition number, and your photograph will be taken for identification purposes
- You will be shown where you can prepare and warm-up
- You will be auditioning in front of a panel
- There is no need to prepare a routine in advance
What you should you bring?
- Appropriate dancewear, wear hair off the face
- Appropriate footwear
- A water bottle
What can I do to prepare?
- Work hard in your dance classes
- Practice technique, and practice performing
- Practice healthy living and keep your muscles strong
We ask that:
- You turn off all cell phones
- Parents wait outside
- You arrive early
- You bring a positive attitude!
After the audition – Kittiwake will contact all attendees.
- Those offered positions are given a rehearsal schedule and are asked to accept the role they have been offered.
- Being offered a role in one production does not guarantee any future roles.
- Those not offered positions should not be discouraged – positions are offered to fit a combination of roles and to complement certain skill sets and dance backgrounds.
- If you are not offered a role, it is not a reflection of your individual talent. Please consider auditioning for one of our future productions – you might be the perfect fit!
Professional dancers attend countless auditions – even if we are not able to offer you a role in our upcoming production we strive to offer a positive audition experience for all.